Sunday, November 1, 2009

Anything but Generic!

Where has the time gone? Life has sure been crazy lately. It is hard to believe that we are now entering November! I'd like to say things are going to slow down but unfortunately I am sure that won't happen until January! EEK!

August brought about school again, and put a quick end to sleeping in! I was ready to go back and get back into a routine again. I know it is silly but I am one who is ready to back after the first month off. :) September zoomed by. I am not really where I spent that month other than school or Hyvee! :) Sad when that happens.

At the end of the month, Eric and I (with the rest of his family) made the trek to Nashville, TN for Zach and Kate's wedding. It was a good trip, filled with lots of fun. :) It was a quick trip, but it was good to get back to the south for a weekend and get to some of the restaurants/stores I had been missing!

A week later, Eric and I went on our OFFICIAL honeymoon! :) We went to the Riviera Maya for a week. We had a fabulous time. The weather was perfect.... 90 degrees, hot, sunshine all day, gorgeous! Much better than the cold, rainy, sunless days we had been having before we left. Our day consisted of breakfast, pool, beach, lunch, pool, nap, supper, show entertainment, sleep. We were definitely living the hard life. We only went on one excursion to Chichen Itza, the Mayan pyramids. It was definitely amazing, and well worth it. It was just breathtaking. Unfortunately, living the dream life had to come to an end and we had to head back to reality. Reality I had prepared for, the 50 degree temperature change in a day, I was not ready for! ICK!

So now we are back, things are still crazy and hectic. And if we weren't busy enough as it was, we decided to buy a house!! Eric had been doing the initial look and had looked at this one a while back, but recently they dropped the price, and after checking it out we put an offer in and it was accepted! It is a cute little house, 2 bedrooms, 2 story house. It has a big backyard (hopefully for an addition later) and is landscaped and has gardens planted. It is about 15-20 minutes outside of Dubuque. We hope to close in the middle of November. YAY!

So lots of changes around here... but they are all good ones. Now if the snow would just hold off until we get moved!

PS. I will add pics later! :)

No comments: