Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Enjoying the tasty bits of life...

I know I know... I have been bad. Not only for not sharing, but for also not sharing pictures of the house. My camera cord is still MIA and the laptop crashed, and my Geek Squad husband still hasn't fixed it! :)

Eric and I are still (yes, still) digging through boxes and deciding where things should go. Most of our stuff is still waiting to be gone through in the garage. I am refusing to have needless boxes inside, because if we do we will look like we should be on Hoarders. So maybe that is the problem-- the boxes are out of sight, out of mind. Eh.. its a catch 22. Hopefully this weekend, we will make loads of progress. :)

Even though life has been hectic and busy, we are still managing to spend some time in the kitchen. The other night we spent making one of our favorites-- Skillet Lasagna Alla Vodka. I came across the recipe in a magazine I think. So, I thought I'd share.

Skillet Lasagna Alla Vodka

12 oz lasagna noodles
1/4 t. black pepper
16 oz cottage cheese
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 t. basil
1/2 c. Vodka
25 oz Marinara sauce
1/2 c heavy cream
2 c shredded mozzerella


Cook noodles according to package directions. Mix cottage cheese, spinaceh, basil, and pepper. In a sauce pan simmer marinara sauce and vodka for 5 min. Stir in Cream. Spread 3/4 c of sauce over bottom of large skillet (12 in). Drain noodles and cut into 2 in pieces. Arrange 1/3 of noodles over sauce. Spoon half of the sauce over the noodles. Top with another 1/3 of noodles. Spread the cheese mixture. Then sprinkle 1 cup of mozzerella cheese. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Cover and simmer 10 min. Sprinkle last 1 c. of mozz. cheese. Cover and simmer for 2 min or until cheese is melted.


It is very delish, and it is easy to make modifications if you so choose, We have added sausage and mushrooms before, but most of the time we just like it simple and good. You can also buy the vodka sauce too, but what fun is that and it is super easy to make!

ENJOY!


**** We also tried Sicilian Supper last night from Taste of Home. You can find that here!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

It is about time:) Just kidding. So glad that you posted that recipe. I will try it for sure!! Moving/sorting is such a tedious process...I feel your pain. Hoaders....hee hee some days I also feel like I could be an offender too. Specifically my office. I lost my camera cord one time as well and if you just buy a card reader for about $10-15 at walmart you should be back in business. They are by the digital camera memory cards. That doesn't solve the laptop problem though....