Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tatertotless casserole anyone??

Eric and I have been working opposite schedules this summer. He works days, and I work nights. I feel like a bad wife not having anything in the house for Eric to warm up for supper, so I offered to make some tater tot casserole that he had to finish and put in the oven. Sounds simple right. So I browned the burger, added the onion and cream of mushroom soup. Added the corn. ( He wouldn't touch it if it had green beans.) I even layered the cheese slices. I didn't add the tots, because then they would sit in the fridge for 6 hrs. and I figured that wouldn't be good. I left him directions to cook in the oven until the tater tots were golden brown. So I am at work and I get a phone call from Eric. Saying I know this is a dumb question, but was I supposed to add tater tots before I cooked it in the oven? I laughed and said "yeah!" hehehe. Eric is a bit sore about it, and in his defense, he was tired and had a headache, but I still find it hilarious. :) So yes it is still edible, it just takes a little more planning and little more work to eat it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love it!!! Be prepared for a lifetime of those "man moments"! Sorry Eric! One of Steve's finest related to cooking is he asked me if there was a "really high end Cool Whip"....I said ummmm, yeah it is called whipped cream! I still bring that one up from time to time!