Monday, July 13, 2009

One year ago today....

Eric and I were looking for something to do since it was a beautiful July Sunday. We decided that we would go to our favorite spot along the river to sit, and watch the boats go by. We sat for quite awhile, got attacked by some June bugs, and didn't say a whole lot. I was deep in thought, getting my brain all worked up about marriage etc. So I proceeded to get upset. Go figure. We decided that it was time to go back, so we headed back to the car. I was still perturbed so I walked a little ahead of him. Apparently he had called my name a couple of times, but I had finally heard him, and turned around. And there under the gazebo was Eric standing with a ring. Yes standing. He did not get down on one knee, because a crowd of people walked into the gazebo right at that moment, and he didn't want to call attention to himself. I did find out this weekend however, that it must be a Kluesner thing. His Dad and both of his uncles did not get down on one knee.. hrmmm A word of warning I guess. :)
Needless to say I said yes, but it also meant I had to swallow my pride, because I was wrong, and REALLY don't like being wrong!

A year later I can't really say my patience is any better, or I am any better about being wrong... but we did have a fantastic wedding!



Underneath the gazebo where it all started!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love the story!!! I also am right there with you about being wrong....good thing it doesn't happen very often:)